What other permits are required?
If a new driveway is required, a permit must be obtained from the Office of the City Engineer. The Permits and Inspections Division can assist in determining whether a driveway permit is needed. If construction involves assembly occupancies, above or underground fuel tanks, explosive storage or handling, or a burn permit, the Fire Prevention Bureau will require a separate permit.
City Ordinances #10 of 1997 requires permit fees for retail sales and display of fireworks. If a project involves food and/or beverage handling facilities, the plans must be reviewed by the:
Caddo Parish Health Unit
1035 Creswell
Shreveport, LA 71101

They can be reached at 318-676-5222

Although there is no fee for plan review, a permit fee must be paid before such businesses begin operation.

Show All Answers

1. Who issues permits?
2. When is a permit required?
3. What do I bring when applying for a permit?
4. Who must prepare the plans?
5. What must a complete set of plans and specifications include?
6. How are plans reviewed?
7. What other permits are required?
8. Is there a permit fee?
9. Who should apply for the permit?
10. Can preliminary plans be reviewed before bidding?
11. When will a permit be issued?
12. Can permit fees be waived?
13. I live in Caddo Parish, do I need a permit?