How do I subdivide my property?
All actions resulting in the creation of a new lot or building site must be approved by the MPC. A subdivision plat prepared by a State of Louisiana Licensed Surveyor along with an application and fee must be submitted to the MPC for approval. Most local land surveyors are familiar with the process. Start the process by identifying a surveyor and if you have questions, please contact our office.

Show All Answers

1. I have a large lot or tract of land and want to sell part of it. Do I have to subdivide first?
2. How do I subdivide my property?
3. I received a letter stating that a "subdivision will be considered for approval" in my neighborhood. What does that mean?
4. What does "re-platting" mean and do I do that?
5. Can you recommend a land surveyor?
6. How do I rezone my property?
7. What if my property is properly zoned for what I want to do but is not developed?
8. My site plan was approved by the MPC, when can I get my permits?
9. I want to move my office to my home, what do I do?