How do you get permitted?
The state offers coverage for facilities with storm water associated with industrial activity under the State Multi-Sector General Permit. To get coverage under this permit, you must complete a Notice of Intent (NOI). The NOI requires information regarding the owner / operator of the facility, location of the facility (including longitude and latitude), receiving waters, SIC code, existing permits, and other information.

The completed NOI is then sent to the DEQ, with a copy going to the City of Shreveport. Once the permit certification has been sent to your facility, you are required to send a copy of it to:

City of Shreveport
Storm Water Section
P.O. Box 31109
Shreveport, LA 71130

Obligations Under the Permit
The applicant must develop and maintain a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWP3) as a requirement of this permit. The EPA has developed a guidance manual to assist in the development of your SWP3, entitled Storm Water Management for Industrial Activities, Developing Pollution Prevention Plans and Best Management Practices.

Completion of the SWP3 is required when the NOI is submitted. A copy or a synopsis of the SWP3 must be sent to the city at the address above.

Show All Answers

1. Does my facility need an industrial user permit?
2. What are the costs of being a permitted industry?
3. If I am permitted, what will I have to test for and how often?
4. How does the city handle permit violations and enforcement?
5. What size grease trap do I need?
6. How do I maintain my grease trap?
7. Who needs an industrial storm water permit?
8. How do you get permitted?