Who needs an industrial storm water permit?
The State of Louisiana and the City of Shreveport now require certain industrial facilities that have Storm Water Associated With industrial activity to be covered by a permit.

The rules that define who needs a permit can be found at Title 33 Section 3241. B. 14. a-k. of the Louisiana Administrative Code.

The rules may appear somewhat complex and confusing; however, the list below is a simplified guide to assist you to determine if your facility needs a permit. The list uses "SIC" codes to determine if you may need a storm water permit. If you do not know your facility's SIC code, the Standard Industrial Classification Index from the U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety & Health Administration can help you. Or, just call us at 673-6583 we'll be glad to assist.

• 1011 thru 1499, mining and mineral extraction
• 2011 thru 3999, manufacturing
• 4011* thru 4581*, transportation
*If facility has vehicle maintenance shops, equipment cleaning operations, fueling, or air port de-icing operations.
• 5015, automobile junkyards
• 5093, metal scrap yards
• 5171, petroleum bulk stations

Additionally, the following types of facilities are required to have storm water permits:
• Hazardous waste treatment, storage, or disposal facilities.
• Landfills, land application sites, and open dumps.
• Steam electric power generating facilities, including coal handling sites.

U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety & He

Show All Answers

1. Does my facility need an industrial user permit?
2. What are the costs of being a permitted industry?
3. If I am permitted, what will I have to test for and how often?
4. How does the city handle permit violations and enforcement?
5. What size grease trap do I need?
6. How do I maintain my grease trap?
7. Who needs an industrial storm water permit?
8. How do you get permitted?