The Department of Engineering and Environmental Services administers the following permits:
- Right-of-Way Encroachment Permit (Any construction, alteration or development over, under, or in any street, alley, sidewalk into the city’s public right-of-way.)
- Encroachment Permit Application Processing Fee: $1500.00 (All city, parish, state and federal agencies are exempt from this fee requirement, however a permit application must be submitted.)
- Encroachment Permit Fee: $50.00 Per Encroachment (All city, parish, state and federal agencies are exempt from this fee requirement, however an encroachment permit must be obtained.)
- Special Flood Hazard Area Development Permit(If your project falls within any designated FEMA Special Flood Hazard Area, a permit shall be obtained before construction or development begins.) No permit fee.
- Facility Permit(Any pipeline, cable, wire, fiber optic line, or other similar facility running along, under, across or over the City’s public rights-of-way.
- Facility Permit Application Processing Fee: $1500.00 per application.
- Facility Permit Annual Fee for Pipelines (water, sewer, oil/or gas): $1.30 per linear foot paid annually.
- Facility Permit Annual Fee for Cables, Conduit, Fiber Optic Lines, Wires or Other Similar Facilities: $0.09 per linear foot paid annually.
- Facility Servitude Permit (For the use of city-owned property, excluding the city’s public right-of-way)
- Facility Servitude Application Processing Fee: $1500.00
- Facility Servitude Fee for Use of City-Owned Property: Fee shall be an amount equal to the appraised value of the servitude for twenty (20) years as determined by an appraiser with an MAI designation or an appraiser approved by the City Engineer. Full payment for the initial twenty (20) year servitude shall be made prior to granting a permit authorizing use of the servitude.
- Small Wireless Facilities