Primary Responsibilities The Division of Permits and Inspections is primarily responsible for monitoring the construction of all buildings in the City of Shreveport and the Parish of Caddo, enforcement of the City of Shreveport's Comprehensive Building Codes and applicable local ordinances, assuring compliance with Water & Sewerage ordinances and policies, and providing administrative support for related activities. These services provided by the division include:
- Processing and issuing building, electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits.
- Plan review
- Scheduling inspection activities
- Registering trade specialist and issuing registrations
- Automated tracking of permit and inspection data and collecting associated fees.
Commercial / Residential Building Applications
Citizens can utilize My Government Online (www.mygovernmentonline.org) to apply for permits, make online payments, request inspections, submit files, download inspection reports and approved plans, check the status of a permit, download permit data, search permits, manage contractor and business licenses, and much more.
Building plans must be submitted and approved for all construction and reconstruction of buildings in Shreveport. Permits are not required for painting or flooring. Permits are required for the following projects:
- Commercial tents: site plan required
- Driveway: site plan required
- Residential / commercial accessory structures: site plan required
- Residential / commercial addition: site plan required
- Residential / commercial demolition permits: plumbing permit required before building permit can be issued
- Residential / commercial fence: site plan required
- Residential / commercial move
- Residential / commercial new building
- Residential / commercial remodel
- Residential / commercial roof
- Residential / commercial siding
- Swimming pool: plumbing permit required before building permit can be issued