Go To Search
Click to Home

Certificate of Occupancy
Certificate of Occupancy is required any time a new business opens, there is an ownership change of an existing business or an existing business relocates or changes names. This ensures that the property is properly zoned for the type of business that will locate there and to ensure that the building is safe to occupy. This certificate is required for all commercial businesses.

Home-Based Business
For home-based businesses, a certificate is required to insure that the type of business meets the guidelines as set forth in UDC (Unified Development Code).

Home Occupation License ApplicationA Home Occupation License Application must be completed for all Home Based businesses. For more information, contact the Permit Center
  • Zoning Desk
    First Floor of the Government Plaza
    Suite 130
    505 Travis Street
    Shreveport, LA
  • Ph: 318-673-6442
  • Zoning Office Ph: 318-673-6440

For most recent ordinance amendments contact the Zoning Office at 318-673-6440. Certificate of Occupancy Rates are as follows:
Type of Permit
City Commercial
City Residential
Parish County Commercial
No Fee
Parish County Residential
No Fee

Residential Certificates Of Occupancy renew every 24 month at the same rate. For any questions on Certificates of Occupancy, assistance in completing the application, or to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy (bring completed application or fill one out on premises with payment) contact the Permit Center.

City of Shreveport, Louisiana