Type III Centers are early learning centers that directly or indirectly receive state or federal funding to provide affordable childcare for low-income, hard-working Louisiana families. These services are available to qualifying families of infants, toddlers, and Pre-K children.
Type III Child Care Centers are:
- State Licensed
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- Health and Safety standards required by State Licensing
- Annual Health Department Inspection
- Annual Fire Marshall Inspection
- Academic Approval is required by the Louisiana Department of Education
- Lead Teachers must obtain a CDA within 24 months
- Tier 1 Curriculum used in all classrooms
- CLASS Observations conducted in all classrooms
You can find out more information by visiting www.caddosmartstart.com to find resources and information on the Centers participating in the scholarships.