Certificate of Occupancy

Before a commercial or industrial building can be occupied and used, a certificate of occupancy is required. Provided all building and other code requirements have been met and building and zoning requirements are in compliance, the office of Zoning Administration will issue a certificate of occupancy. Such certificates are also required before an occupational license can be issued.


To apply, contact:
Permit Center (Zoning Desk)
First Floor of the Government Plaza
Suite 130
505 Travis Street
Shreveport, LA

You can call the Zoning Office at 318-673-6442 or 318-673-6440.

View additional information.

Home-Based Businesses

Home-Based Businesses are also required to obtain a certificate of occupancy. For a copy of the Home Occupation Criteria, call 318-673-6440.

Note: certificates of occupancy are not to be confused with occupational license taxes requirements.