Shreveport Energy Efficiency Division (SEED)
Energy Audit Program
We have had several citizens and small businesses participate in the SEED Residential Energy Audit program and the Small Commercial energy audit program. In fact, 40% of the people that have had an energy analysis done on their home have implemented the improvements! Don't wait, get you home energy rating today!
Residential energy audits cost $100 with a cost adjustment of $10 per 100 square feet over 2500 square feet. There are also $100 small commercial audits available; building size up to 10,000 square fee. The cost adjustment for small commercial buildings is $10 per 100 square feet over 6000 square feet. Please feel free to contact Tracey Graham at 318-673-6594 with any additional questions.
- Select State-Certified Rater - Get your home / building rated (see process tab)
- Select Licensed Contractor - Find a contractor to perform the work(your choice)
- Contact Partner Lender - Apply for financial assistance through a bank lender(residential program)-BancorpSouth Bank 318-865-6555
- Contact State Certified Rater - Contact rater to have final audit performed
Energy Efficiency & Conservation Block Grant Program (EECBG)
Shreveport received $1,977,900 from the EECBG program
As part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment of 2009, the City of Shreveport was awarded an Energy Efficiency Community Block Grant in excess of $1.9 million. The purpose of these funds is to assist the city in creating and establishing strategies which will:
- Reduce fossil fuel emissions in a manner that is environmentally sustainable
- Reduce the total energy used by the city
- Improve energy efficiency in buildings, transportation and other appropriate sectors
Programs, such as Just Curb It, are among many of the City of Shreveport's efforts to encourage citizens of Shreveport to live a greener, cleaner and more energy efficient lifestyle.
Please check the following sites for additional rebates and incentives: