Zoning Information

Planning and Zoning Information

Depending on the type of use and site you are considering, you may need to seek additional approvals from the Shreveport-Caddo Metropolitan Planning Commission. Depending on the application, different bodies within the MPC have the authority to make decisions: the Metropolitan Planning Commission Board of Directors, Zoning Board of Appeals, or Executive Director, prior to obtaining a Certificate of Occupancy. A Certificate of Occupancy must be obtained prior to occupying land or a building and shows proof that all safety regulations and zoning ordinance regulations have been met.

Applications processed by the MPC may include: zoning requests, site plans, special exception uses, variances, use approvals, subdivisions, sign permits, certificates of occupancy, home-based businesses, etc.

Please view the MPC’s website for more specific information regarding our requirements and applications, or call our office at 318-673-6480.