Bulky Item Pickup
Bulky Item Collection*** Bulk storm debris will be picked up according to the following schedule beginning on Saturday, September 12th: (please separate yard waste from other bulk items such as furniture/appliances) ***
- September 12-16 - Monday's collection area - make sure all items are out by the 12th.
- September 17-23 - Thursday's collection area - make sure all items are out by the 17th.
- September 24-30 - Tuesday's collection area - make sure all items are out by the 24th.
- October 1-7 - Friday's collection area - make sure all items are out by the 1st.
If you have additional questions please call the Solid Waste Office at 318-673-6300.Beginning Monday, July 14, 2014 residents can begin to schedule appointments for our new program which will assist us in keeping our beautiful city clean. If you have furniture, tree limbs, appliances, and / or tires that you need to dispose of you can do so by setting up an appointment. Items for our Bulk Collection Program will be picked up by appointment only and each resident will be responsible for setting that appointment up by calling our Public Works Department at 318-673-6300 for a Customer Service Agent. These items will be collected separately from the regular garbage / recycling services but will be scheduled on one of your future trash days. All items will need to follow the guidelines below.
- 1 pile per appointment and the pile must not be larger than (L) 15ft x (W) 6ft x (H) 6ft.
- Bulky items must be 5ft away from garbage carts, mailboxes, fences, telephone poles, parked cars or away from low hanging tree limbs or power lines.
- Furniture, appliances, and tires may be placed curbside 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
- Tires - only 4 tires per appointment.
- Limbs / Brush may be placed curbside 7 days before your scheduled appointment.
- Limbs / Brush must not be larger than 8 inches diameter or 6ft in length.
- Items not collected are as follows:
- No Building materials, i.e., carpet, flooring, tile, countertops, cabinets, fencing, concrete, rocks, stones, etc.
- No Gasoline powered tools, auto parts.
- No Pianos, organs, swing or gym sets, trampolines, swimming pools and covers.
- No Stumps / roots.