Bids & RFPs
Solicitations and Vendor/Contractor Forms
Bids and proposal notices will no longer be mailed to contractors or vendors by the Purchasing office. The City of Shreveport’s listing of current bids (IFB), requests for quotes (RFQ), requests for proposals (RFP), and statements of qualifications (RFS) (hereinafter “bids”) will be posted at www.shreveportla.gov/Solicitations and on BidSync.com. Click here for vendor/contractor forms and listings.
To request copies of bids by email, send your request with the bid number to the Purchasing Office.
Electronic Bid Notices & E-bids
Vendors/Contractors have the option of submitting responses to RFQ's and IFB's, electronically or by paper copy [R.S. 38-2212(A)(1)(F) and R.S. 2212.1(B)(4)]. To receive bid notices by email and/or to bid electronically, please register with BidSync. Registration is FREE.
If you wish to view the entire bid package and submit electronic bids though BidSync, you may do so for an annual fee. Vendors / contractors who decide to submit e-bids will also have to pay an annual fee for a digital signature. It takes about two weeks to get a digital signature. The city will only be allowed to view the vendor’s prices after the time has passed for the receipt of bids. Vendors who decide to pay the annual fee to BidSync will be able to submit electronic bids to every agency in the State of Louisiana that signs up with BidSync.
Submitting bids electronically can save thousands of dollars in express mail fees, plan fees / deposits, travel, postage, labor, and the cost of paper. Contractors who submit e-bonds will need to pay an annual fee for electronic bid bonds.
RFPs and RFSs will be posted on BidSync; however, only paper responses will be accepted for these. If you need help registering or with training or completing an e-bid, please call 800-990-9339.
To submit a paper bid to the City of Shreveport, you must use the proper envelope format. Paper responses may not be received in the Purchasing Office unless this format is used.
The standard solicitation instructions / provisions, general contract clauses, the standard conditions for request for proposals, and Fair Share requirements / forms will no longer be printed in full text in solicitations issued by the City of Shreveport (hereinafter the city), but will be incorporated by reference. If you do not have a copy of any of these you may download as follows:
- Section 10 - Standard IFB/RFQ Instructions / Provisions (Revised July 24, 2009) Applies to all Invitation for Bids (IFB) and Request for Quotes (RFQ)
- Section 20 - General Contract Clauses (Revised October 16, 2009) Applies to all Invitation for Bids (IFB), Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Quotes (RFQ)
- Section 30 - Standard Conditions for Request for Proposals (Revised June 8, 2006) Applies to all Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Section 40 - Fair Share Requirements and Forms (Revised August 17, 2011) Applies to IFB, RFP, and RFQ Documents except when the city makes a Direct Commodity Purchase. Other exceptions are the Airports' FAA Projects and the Shreve Memorial Library.
- Section 60 - Auction Information